The Millvale Community Library is seeking a passionate educator and “maker in residence” to help design and run our summer maker programming. As a part of the Maker Education Initiative’s Maker Corps program, our Maker Corps Member would plan and facilitate engaging youth-centered opportunities for making. During the ten week period from June 6 to August 11, the Maker Corps member will work directly with the Maker Program Director and other library staff to ensure that the summer at the MCL is as fun and rewarding as possible.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Agency and ability to work on self-directed projects
- Identifies as a self-starter
- Passionate about education and working with kids
- Ability to work in an informal and sometimes chaotic environment
- Access to reliable transportation (A car would be nice, but not required)
- Interested in working in a library
- Ability to go with the flow
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Up to date PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Interested in working with closely with kids
- Skilled in one of the following areas: engineering, computer science, music, outdoor skills, sports, fine art, woodworking, filmmaking, photography, creative writing… really anything cool that you’d want to share with kids.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to our Maker Program Director, Nora Peters, at email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please touch on:
- Why you believe you would be a good fit for this position
- What experience you have working with children
- What skills you would be interested in sharing in an informal educational setting
- What ideas you have for a *mystery* week of Maker summer camp