412 Food Rescue
Culinary Manager (full-time)
412 Food Rescue is embarking on a new endeavour in food waste reduction by opening up a commercial kitchen in the former Millvale Moose lodge, in partnership with New Sun Rising and Sprezzetura Cafe. The primary objective of this position is to manage the program implementation and daily operations of the kitchen in line with the program goals and mission of 412 Food Rescue.
● Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the kitchen, staff and volunteers.
● Oversee the operation and management of all equipment, facility, utilities and general kitchen use, and create and maintain procedures for safe use of shared equipment with Sprezzetura Cafe.
● Work closely with Program Director to implement kitchen programming in support of organizational goals.
● Oversee the creation of meals made from surplus food, following all necessary food safety regulations and providing detailed documentation of food donations.
● Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
● Ensures all equipment is kept clean and is properly working and schedules equipment repair and maintenance.
● Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
● Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
● Ensure that all products are received in a safe and usable condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the kitchen’s receiving policies and procedures, which the Kitchen Manager will create with the Program Director.
● Manages scheduling of volunteer groups and tasks to ensure surplus food is prepared safely for later distribution.
● Trains all users of the kitchen on operations, safety and maintenance.
● Enforces sanitary food handling methods and kitchen use policies and procedures.
● Organizes cold and dry storage and takes regular inventory of equipment and cookware.
● Working collaboratively with New Sun Rising and Sprezzetura on shared space operations and programming.
● Attends organization-wide staff meetings and retreats.
● Support Food Education programming in collaboration with Program Director and Cooking Matters Coordinator.
● A passion for 412 Food Rescue’s mission of keeping food out of the waste stream and directly tackling food insecurity through innovative programs.
● High degree of comfort with ambiguity and fast-moving environment.
● Ability to be proactive, agile and flexible.
● Ability to both create and execute plans as well as be responsive to new opportunities that may arise.
● Strong understanding of Allegheny Co. Health Department permitting and experience writing/updating permits.
● Institutional food service experience, including creating HACCP plans.
● At least five years of professional kitchen experience and/or culinary training.
● A passion for creativity, experimentation and enthusiasm for creating meals from rescued food.
● Exceptional oral communication skills, including presentation and public speaking skills.
● Highly organized with excellent time and space management skills.
● Compassionate and adaptable in working with people of diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
● Experience with volunteer management, preferred.
● Enthusiastic about troubleshooting and problem solving with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to unpredictable food donations.
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with and unpredictable donations of food.
● Flexibility, creativity and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively
● Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, Google G Suite, database management, social media and electronic communication platforms.
● Experience working in a nonprofit organizational environment, preferred.
● Commitment to food safety, the safety of volunteers and providing a safe work environment.
● Develops and maintains positive relationships with vendors and beneficiaries; maintains positive relationships with all 412 Food Rescue staff.
● High School or GED Required, College Degree Preferred
● Valid PA Drivers License
● Servsafe Manager Certification
● Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
● Must be comfortable standing up and moving around in a fast paced environment for the majority of the work day.
● Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
Please send resume and cover letter to Hana Uman, Program Director, at email@example.com.
Please note that to progress through the hiring process, candidates will be required to download the Food Rescue Hero app and complete one or more food rescues.
Barista (full-time & part time)
Primary Purpose: Provides customers with exceptional service, handcrafted coffee and tea beverages and food in a clean, comfortable and welcoming store environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets customers in a friendly, personalized and professional manner
- Prepares handcrafted, quality beverages and products by adhering to Tazza D’Oro and SCAA standards
- Maintains a calm, pleasant demeanor within a fast-paced environment, particularly during periods of high volume
- Develops knowledge on various store products and answers customer and guest inquiries
- Create a comfortable and welcoming environment for all customers
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to work flexible hours which may include early mornings, evenings, nights and/or holidays
- Must stand for hours at a time
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to work as part of a team with a positive, energetic and resourceful attitude
- Employees must submit to background checks, FBI and PA Child Abuse Clearances.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience preferred, but not required
- Barista experience preferred, but not required
Physical Requirements: Occasional lifting of 5-10 lb. boxes
To APPLY: visit https://tazza-doro.workable.com/
Flexible schedule, 4-35 hrs/week, openings throughout the Pittsburgh Area
Staff provide 1:1 assistance to adults with intellectual disabilities to encourage greater independence in their day-to-day life. Often times there is an opportunity to explore the city of Pittsburgh and various community activities!
CONTACT: Call 412-583-0579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 1832, Pressley Ridge has done whatever it takes to create success for children, adults and families. Pressley Ridge’s innovative programming helps to rebuild communities and families who are facing difficult challenges and complex situations. From mental health and foster care services to residential treatment facilities and education for children with special needs, including autism and deafness, Pressley Ridge empowers nearly 8,000 kids and families each year with the ability and confidence to succeed. Pressley Ridge serves communities in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia and Delaware.
We would like to become an active collaborative partner, with the North Hills Community Outreach. We have featured some of our career opportunities in the attached flyers. We would like your assists with the matching of talented job seekers in the region to our opportunities. Our open positions range from:
- Licensed Therapist
- Therapist/Case Manager
- Mental Health Workers
- Mental Health Professional
- Family Preservation Worker
- Special Education Interns
- Youth & Family Support Specialist
- Behavioral Health Specialist
- Direct Support Professionals
- Special Education Aides
For more information or to apply online: PressleyRidge.org/careers
Counseling Intake Representative
Counseling Intake Representatives at Advantage CCS are on the frontlines of a client’s path to financial wellness. Often times, the Intake Representative is the client’s first experience with Advantage and the agency’s counseling services. The Intake Representative understands and explains agency services and communicates directly with the client via the telephone or email. This position works a Monday through Friday schedule, with two evenings per week.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Provide compassionate and nonjudgmental customer service to potential agency clients
- Develop a complete understanding of agency services to assist clients in determining what session is appropriate for their situation
- Communicate with potential clients either via email or telephone
- Schedule client appointments and obtain necessary information
- Assist counselors with clerical duties such as email, scanning or faxing documents
- Input client data points for grant funded programs
Education or Work Experience: High School Diploma or GED. One year of customer service experience preferred.
CONTACT: Call Heather Murray and 412-390-1300 ext. 191
- Driver’s license
- Required tools
- Ability to work well with others
- Available to work 7 – 4 M-F and occasional weekends
- Ability to work independently
TO APPLY: Call 412-628-0674